Were you starting to wonder? At some point I'm going to blog what our schedule has been since the weekend of Garrett's birthday and you'll understand exactly why I haven't blogged. We have not had many free moments this past month and the ones we've had, I've used to just SIT, because I haven't been doing a lot of that lately.
But I have two very quick things to share tonight and then it's back to Christmas cards!
1. Jason just fixed our garbage disposal with the help of the magical powers of the internet. It was getting power, but not spinning. So he had me google "garbage disposal repair" and lo and behold there was a troubleshooting article that addressed our problem. Apparently the flywheel was stuck-a little piece of my food processor had (unbeknownst to me) fallen down there and jammed up the works. It took about 10 minutes to fix. He's so awesome. I love the internet.
2. At the grocery store on Saturday I purchased a Febreeze Noticeables kit with holiday scents. This is one of the plug-in things that has two different scents so that you continue to "notice" the scent instead of getting used to the same one. It is just about the best thing I have ever smelled. Of course I can't remember the exact names of the scents, something like Christmas warmth and Holiday magic-you know, real descriptive of a smell! But it is not pine and not cinnamon. Both of which I like, but am just a bit tired of. I cannot describe what these smell like, but they do smell like Christmas. When I came home from work today, it was the first thing I smelled and it made me happy. I almost didn't buy it at Kroger because it was $8 and that seemed expensive to me, but I did good with my coupons this week and decided to splurge. I'm so glad I did-it has totally brought me $8 worth of happiness.
But, I got the last one at Kroger, so I'm now on the hunt for another one to have for next year. It's in a blue-ish purpley box, so if you see 2, get them-1 for you and 1 for me and I'll pay you back!
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year's. May I take this moment to be the first to wish my spectacular best friend and her equally spectacular husband a happy 5th wedding anniversary. They got married New Year's Eve 2004, when my little man was 6 weeks old. Boy how time has flown. They welcomed a daughter two months before Harper joined our family and this May were joined by not one, but two babies! This has been a hard year on many fronts, but they are going strong. Frankly, I'm not real sure how they do it. I love you Candy. I used to pray to God when I was little to turn my baby doll into a real baby so I could have a sister. Little did I know he answered that prayer, I just didn't get to meet you until I was 18. Happy Anniversary! I was proud to stand behind you as you said yes to Joshua. You chose well, my friend.
OK, back to Christmas cards-boy they are cute this year (thanks Candy!). I'm fairly certain you won't hear from me until after Christmas, but I am taking my pictures (almost) every day, so I'll have lots to upload when I get a moment to catch my breath. I hope you and your family are able to experience a little bit of the magic of Christmas and feel the love of our most gracious God, who sent his son to be born in a stable, so he could grow up and die that we all may live.
No comments:
Post a Comment