OK, so I had my meltdown last night. I've actually had worse meltdowns. But, as expected, I feel much better now. Depending on how this all turns out, it may not be my only meltdown. But for now, I feel like I'm in a good place. Well, maybe not good, but not bad.
I did a little (and I do mean little) research on my type of cancer last night. The news overall was very encouraging, but still somewhat surreal and overwhelming. I had been very focused on the reality that I have to have surgery again and last night the whole cancer thing hit home. It's very weird because I don't feel like what I think that someone who has cancer should feel like. I'm not sick or in pain or have a lump you can feel or see.
Therefore, I'm going to not focus on the "cancer" part of this deal. I feel like it's something that could dominate my thinking and my outlook. I'm going to live my life and just keep rolling. And keep laughing. Let's face it, if you can't laugh about it, you'll just end up a puddle on the floor. And there's a lot funny about this situation. I mean really-I went to the doctor because I had a lump on my jaw. And now I'm facing my second neck surgery. What?? Funny.
So it's all good. Or it will be. I serve a good God (who is quite funny, by the way). I am never alone. And soon, this will be part of my past.
No comments:
Post a Comment