Sunday, June 7, 2009

There's more where this came from!

I just updated my 365 project on flickr. I set up groups for each week, so it's a little more organized. I am having such fun doing this!
This picture of my babies was taken Saturday when we made our first trip (ever) to the neighborhood pool. We had such a good time. Harper and Garrett both had those floatie deals on their arms and did fantastic. Good enough to where I feel like I could take them by myself and that's HUGE! Oh, I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and the future looks so bright!
Had kind of a weird week. A former co-worker (he left NP in January) was killed in a car accident on Wednesday. His funeral is tomorrow. Back when I worked in the database he was my boss' boss. His name was Sean Strickland and he leaves behind a wife, Jana, and an almost 8 year old daughter, Gabbi. Very tragic. He was a wonderful man, a terrific manager, and all-around fun and funny person. This is the 4th NP funeral for staff or staff child in a little over a year. I have to tell you, it's taking it's toll on our staff family. I am more and more convinced that we are under severe attack from Satan. I know that sounds really dramatic, but until we lost Michael Colwell last May (the first of the funerals), we had NEVER lost a staff member (9 years). It's just really sad to be getting good at planning funerals. My boss and another close coworker are delivering eulogies at the funeral in the morning. It's going to be a tough day. Please pray.
Also found out that 2 other staff members (both females) are also having thyroid issues. Very weird. I am very much looking forward to my appointment next week.
Anyway, sorry this was a bit of a downer post, but that's what's going on in my world. Hug your babies and kiss your spouse!
***Update***
Since posting this, I was gently reminded that my stats above were incorrect. Sadly, in 2004 the NP staff family lost Jacquie Gilliam in a car accident. Since I worked directly with Jacquie in Waumba Land, this memory slip on my part is slightly embarrassing. Jacquie was such a supporter of me during my "dark year" and a lot of her wisdom and advice has shaped the mother I am today. Every time I see "dippin' dots" (the ice cream of the future), I smile and think of Jacquie.

1 comment:

EAJan678 said...

Not to be a bigger debbie downer, but the first staff was Jackie Gilham - not that I want to add to the tragedy, just don't want it to be forgotten. Love you and thanks for being such a great support to my old team!! You are doing a great job.