I just returned home from the hospital where Candy delivered her twins tonight about 8:00. Her mom and I made it to the hospital at 7:50 and Josh came out at 8:10 to tell us they were both here! Everyone is doing just fabulous. Alexis Kate was born first at 7:45, weighing in at 5 pounds, 6 ounces, 18.5 inches long. William Taylor was born at 8 and was 6 pounds, 3 ounces, 18.25 inches long.
I got to spend quite a bit of time with the family and held both babies a good bit. I saw Will get his bath-he rather enjoyed it. He was so sleepy right before I left but kept opening his eyes wide like "I don't want to miss anything-I'm not tired, honest!" Lexi was content to just hang out and look around. Such sweet little babies.
Candy has nursed both of them already-that seemed to go well. She looked AMAZING and just seemed so happy to not have two babies squished inside of her anymore! :)
All of our prayers were answered-she didn't have to have a C-section, she delivered at Northside Forsyth (which is fabulous), and unless something drastic happens, both babies will go home on time-no NICU time.
I got several pictures and will post some tomorrow. Also check out Candy's blog as they will post pictures tomorrow as well (as soon as we get their card reader to the hospital!)
We are certainly rejoicing for the safe and healthy delivery of the Hanson twins! Now the fun really starts...
No comments:
Post a Comment