The kids are gone again to Augusta for two weeks, so I'm going to do my best to get caught up on here. We had an exciting spring and summer and I want to document it on here. Since you've waited so patiently since April, here are the rest of the DC pictures. :)
 |
| If you don't know what this is, I'm going to need you to ask to revoke your American citizenship |
 |
| This picture is to give you a sense of scale |
 |
| Seriously? Aren't they the cutest? |
 |
| Hatching a scheme to give me a heart attack |
 |
| Dad said I had to let him experience a little danger |
 |
| Luckily, he's cautious like me |
 |
| My heart |
 |
| WWII memorial–the solemnity was a bit lost on the 5 year old |
 |
| This is about as good a smile as I could get from this one |
 |
| This one, however, is all about striking a pose |
 |
| Again, this should need no explanation |
We drug our kids all over DC for 12 hours on Thursday. And they did amazing. We walked over a mile in Arlington alone, so our best guess is that we walked about 5 miles that day.
They were such good little travelers. It helped that they had just learned about most of what we saw in school, so they were so excited. When we were walking up the steps of the Lincoln Memorial Harper was saying "It's happening! We're actually doing it!" Adorable.
All in all, I wish the weather had been a little nicer, but it didn't rain, so that's something. But we did everything we wanted to do and navigated the city well, I thought. It was a great first trip to our nation's capital.
No comments:
Post a Comment