Sunday, February 24, 2013

A new low

Yesterday marked a new low for me. Admittedly, I live under a rock, especially where current events are concerned. Most of that is on purpose. I find the news to be depressing and frankly, you can't watch the news with kids in the room–you end up in a lot of awkward conversations.
I have found that most of the info I need I can get on Facebook (I know how sad that is, but it's true) or through the little google headline thing that pops up at the top of email at work.
Yesterday, I got a current event from my 8 year old son. He told me there had been a crash at Daytona (he didn't know what it was, but he told me what happened and I figured it out).  He had seen this because we have msn set as our home page on our home computer and he had seen the headlines when he logged on to play Club Penguin.
So there you have it folks, my kid is officially more informed than I am.

No comments: