Sunday, January 27, 2013

Second verse, same as the first

Today was an interesting day in the Russell house.  Morning was normal–church, then lunch, then home. We were going to wrap up the small painting project we had in the kids bath (this is the year we are completing projects, remember?) and the Sunday usual of a nap and laundry.  Got the project done (yay!) and then I get a text from Candy–"call me when you have a sec to talk about lice."
(cue dramatic music)
Call her back. Abby and Lexi have it. Know who we spent all morning with yesterday? You guessed it! Abby!  What goes through my mind is that the kids picked it up at the Dojo Thursday and we've now spread it to the Hanson house.  But then I remember that I gave Garrett a hair cut yesterday.  Surely I would have seen it, right?
Talk Candy down off the ledge, send her off to Walgreens to buy the Lice Free Spray, call the kids upstairs and begin the first head check we've done in months.  Garrett is clear. Whew. Harper is not. Two live bugs. Two nits. Crap.
Experience really is a beautiful thing.  Also catching it before it's a full blown infestation (like it was last time) is also really nice.  We had the stuff, I knew what to do, and we started the copious amounts of laundry that accompany those little, tiny menaces.
Harper went to bed tonight completely lice free.  Everyone else has done a lice shampoo.  Jason found a couple nits on my head, so I've treated myself and currently look like Don King (that spray ain't the best styling product).
I feel confident we will wake up tomorrow lice free and life will go on.
You're gonna miss this. 
You're gonna want this back.  
You're going to wish these days hadn't gone by so fast.
These are some good times.
Screw you Trace Adkins.

1 comment:

Alyson and Ian said...

Crisis (practically) averted! :/ Yet another reason to live in a small compound closed off to the outside world.... haha!