This week has been crazy busy for me. I had something every night. The Catalyst Conference was going on Thursday and Friday, which is a big deal for North Point music, which means I had to go. Throw in a softball game and a haircut and we've got ourselves our party.
I didn't get much sleep this week. So Friday when I got the kids off the bus and Garrett had a play date and Harper was absorbed in a show, it would have been logical and expected that I would take a nap, right? Nope. I folded laundry and reorganized my closet (pulling out clothes for goodwill and separating out my stuff for the summer box). Then I cleaned up the upstairs. And by "cleaned" I mean straightened up. It's amazing how quickly the house can get cluttered up if I'm not staying on top of it.
What I'm about to say could be construed as complaining about Jason. I promise I am not. I made peace with Jason's lack of home making skills long ago. I am just making an observation.
If Jason had had the week I had, Friday afternoon would not have included anything remotely like what I did. It may not involved a nap because Jruss doesn't nap, but it would have involved a lot of couch/TV time. And there's no way he would have sat on the couch thinking about all the things that needed to be done around the house. Which is what happened to me when I laid down to take a nap, so eventually just got up and starting doing.
Is that a difference between men and women? Or just a difference between me and Jason? Why does it matter to me and not to him? Why does it fill my thoughts and not his? I have to decide to relax and ignore what I should be doing. But Jason can watch football from 1:00 until bedtime on Saturday and Sunday without being plagued with all the things that need to be done. I would love to sit on the couch all weekend, but this place would fall apart if I did that. But maybe it wouldn't. Should I try it? Will the kids eventually clean up or start laundry if I go on strike?
Hmm...a strike. That sounds tempting.
1 comment:
Hmm...that sounds a lot like another couple I know. Only flip-flopped. Hubby worries, wifey naps.... I'll let you guess who I'm talking about! ;)
Post a Comment