A couple weeks ago I heard a message at church and something Joel said has just stuck in my mind. He said that the number one thing that mothers fear is not something happening to their child, but that they won't be able to get it all done.
I can relate to that. I don't know that it's a fear, per se. But I definitely think about this all the time. I have lots of balls in the air. And I'm juggling all these balls all the time. Sometimes, I'm doing a bang up job. And other times, my balls keep falling and balls keep getting thrown at me.
This is one of those times. October is just eating my lunch. I'm tired. I'm overwhelmed. I'm not doing any of my jobs particularly well. All I want to do is sit down, but when I do, I'm overcome with things that aren't getting done while I'm sitting. I'm even standing writing this post!
But I know that this is just a season. Fall is almost always like this. So every day, I just think that I need to get done only what needs to get done that day. Everything else can wait. And I just have to keep swimming.
No comments:
Post a Comment