At the exact time I am writing tonight's post, 13 years ago, I was at my wedding rehearsal dinner. Thirteen years. I can't even fully wrap my brain around the fact that it's been 13 years since I said "I do" with an enormous grin on my face.
In some ways, it seems like yesterday and in others it feels like a lot longer. Not longer in a bad way, just a comfortable way that feels like we've been living our lives together forever.
Tomorrow we are going to Naples to spend the night at a fancy hotel. It will be the first time in recent memory that we will celebrate our day on our actual day. Because of the dearth of celebrations in May and June in our family, our anniversary often gets downplayed because we are so tired of celebrating by the time we get there. But, the more the years pass, the more committed I get to making sure we mark the day. It is a big deal in this society where marriage rarely lasts, that we have made it to double digits. And, more importantly, we haven't just "lasted," we are still living our happily ever after.
Thirteen years. Still can't believe it. What a ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment