So a couple of weird things have happened around the Russell house lately and they may be a sign of some new trends. Freaky trends. Just wanted to document them.
1. Garrett is interested (truly) in doing a kids triathlon put on by our gym in August. Dude just learned to ride his bike without training wheels this week! I think his dad was very inspiring to him.
2. We are researching doing a family 5K this fall. As in all of us. Likely not all of us (namely me and H) running the whole thing, but still. We will train and do this thing together. Honestly, not thrilled about the running, but the idea of training being a family event is far more exciting than doing it solo.
3. Jason wants to do a meatless meal once a week. Pause to let that sink in. He also thinks we should eat more vegetables. Pick your jaw up from the floor, honey, you're drooling everywhere.
4. I think I'm becoming a coffee snob. I don't even like coffee all that much, but I'm spoiled by Starbucks and now have drunk other coffee that tasted terrible. It used to all taste terrible. What is wrong with me?
5. It used to take me 3+ hours the day before the cleaners came getting our house to a point where they could actually come and clean. It now takes me less than an hour. Mostly this is because the children don't really play with toys anymore (and thus they aren't scattered hither and yon), but is also largely due to the fact that they help me do this now. My kids are big enough to really be helpful. It's so weirdly wonderful.
It's crazy up in here!
1 comment:
How do the kiddos think about meat-free nights? And more veggies? Love the thought of the family training!!
Post a Comment