I just got home from a concert at church where they were recording a new live album. I didn't think I was going to get to go because Jason is out of town, but this afternoon I decided I was going to be an irresponsible parent and take the kids. Even though Garrett had Field Day today and would be wiped out. Even though we would be out until at least 9 and he has school in the morning. Sometimes, I feel like you have to break the rules a little to keep your kids on their toes.
I am so glad I did it. I have not yet had the opportunity to worship with my children. Our children's ministry at church is so cool that pulling my kids into "big church" would not be fun for them (or me, for that matter). It is through worship that I feel closest to God. And to get to worship with my children standing next to me was beautiful experience. And I also realized that it was a teaching moment. As their mom, I have the awesome responsibility to teach my children how to worship. And not just with singing, but with their lives.
It was a beautiful night. And you should totally buy the album when it comes out. Candi Pearson-Shelton singing "How Great Thou Art." Amazing. And a new song by Seth Condrey that will bring you right to the feet of God. It was a fabulous way to spend a Thursday!
1 comment:
When will it be available to purchase?? Any idea? You know we love us some Northpoint Worship stuff!! ;)
Post a Comment