This is why
I'm not quite as emotional
about Harper going to kindergarten.
She's got her big brother.
Tonight was Kindergarten Orientation. We missed it for Garrett and after tonight, I was so glad we had. If I had gone to that the May before Garrett started school in August, it would have been terrible. I would have cried and panicked the whole way through. It was perfect that we went for Harper. I was able to relax and enjoy the evening. No tears. No fear. I already know who the Kindergarten teachers are. I already know how much fun she's going to have. I already know how incredible the school is.
An added bonus was the debrief at dinner (at Steak n' Shake, clearly). These pictures were taken of Garrett asking questions and explaining things to Harper. It is such a joy to hear their conversations. But Garrett loves nothing more than being the expert in something, so he is just determined that Harper will know everything she could possibly know before getting on that bus on August 9th.
It's going to be great. I am so excited about this new chapter of our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment