Friday, December 9, 2011

Thing 9

Today's favorite thing feels a little disloyal.  Back when I first had Garrett, when the cabin fever that accompanies newborn life had firmly set in, I decided I had to get in the car and go somewhere every day.  More often than not, I ended up at Chick Fil-A for their sweet tea.  The styrofoam cup made it last so long and I could sip on it all day long and it would still be cold.
Then a year or so ago, my theory is that someone at Chick Fil-A was sleeping with someone at McDonald's and shared company secrets because McDonald's started serving sweet tea and chicken sandwiches.  While their chicken sandwiches don't hold a candle to CFA, their sweet tea is pretty darn good and it's only $1 for a HUGE cup. Factor in that I pass not one, but TWO, McDonald's on my way to work and you've got today's favorite thing.
 
So delicious. And so affordable.  And now CFA carries Diet Dr. Pepper, so that's what I get there now. But still feels a little disloyal.

No comments: