Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thing 7

It's raining here this morning, so I decided my favorite thing today would be a movie I would love to curl up on the couch and watch today instead of sloshing through the rain.

This is a favorite movie, for sure, but I also enjoy the book it's based on.  Amazing when you consider the author and what her life looked like that she could write stories that would really shape the romantic genre forever.  Most romances today follow the arc of Pride & Prejudice.  Girl meets boy, girl dislikes boy, big event and girl realizes boy is not so bad, but thinks it's too late, and then they get together (and live happily ever after of course!).
I actually saw this movie in the theater twice and the second time I went by myself, I liked it that much! Beautifully cast and really follows the book quite closely.  A lot of the dialogue is straight from the book.
Not a bad way to spend a couple hours, in my humble opinion.

No comments: