I know these are over a month late, but still wanted to chronicle our trip to see the Mouse. Be prepared, there are lots of pictures!
So here we are start of Day One. My parents had not yet arrived, so it was just us 4 for our first foray into the Magic Kingdom. We got to the hotel about 11 and our room was ready, so we checked in (saw 3 zebras and 2 giraffes within 10 minutes of stepping onto the property). We got all sunscreened and packed the bag and headed off for the bus stop. As soon as we got down to the stop, a bus for Magic Kingdom pulled in. It was great! We got to the Park around 12:30. If I may do a little free advertising for Disney Photo Pass...
So these first two pictures were taken by the Disney Photo Pass photographers. This is an absolutely fantastic idea (of course, it's Disney). We pre-paid for a CD of all our pictures taken by Photo Pass photographers (it's $50 cheaper if you pre-pay) and when we got there we found a photographer who took our picture and gave us a card. We then gave that card to every photographer we saw and they took pictures and we were then able to view them and order our CD when we got home. This was just awesome and made it so we have pictures of all four of us and were able to enjoy the moments when the kids met the characters as opposed to being stuck behind the lens. But one of the cool features is a "magic shot". If you'll look closely in the picture above, you'll see that Garrett is "holding" Tinkerbell.
Show time! To continue our amazing timing, as soon as we got to Cinderella's Castle, the show was starting. It was great! We saw 3 of the Princesses, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, and the witch from Sleeping Beauty. I teared up a bit when Harper started shouting "Dreams Come True" to get the bad witch to go away. It was great.
Dumbo! After the show, we got a bite of lunch and then it was straight to Dumbo. This was the ride the kids had been looking forward to the most. It did not disappoint.
After Dumbo, it was time to head over to Frontier Land for the Wishes Parade. This was at 3pm and the sun was BLAZING. We purchased the obligatory Mouse Ears for the kids and staked out our spot. It was really great. Woody and Jesse came right up to Garrett and gave him a high five and a hug. He was wearing Toy Story Mouse ears, his Toy Story t-shirt, and Toy Story sneakers, so I guess they thought it was safe to assume he was a fan! It was such a joy to watch them see all the characters.
Train ride over to Mickey's Toon Town...it was hot! I mean really, really hot. But the park closed at 5:00 this day, so we wanted to squeeze in as much as we could this first day. We decided it was time to meet Mickey and Minnie, so we got in the relatively short line and guess who had to go potty? The bathrooms were far on two year old legs and by the time we got back, Jason and Garrett had already been taken back to meet them. So here are the pictures of Garrett meeting them.
By the time Jason and Garrett made it out and back around, Harper and I were back in line and they let Jason and Garrett hop back in line to come back in for round 2. We were testing the waters on how Harper was going to be with the characters and she did ok. She's basically had a death grip on Jason, but still wanted to get their autographs.
But Jason just held her and she was ok.
This was a great way to end our first day in the Magic Kingdom. I realized that I did not bring enough clothes because we had to go back to the hotel, shower, and change before we could go to dinner. Luckily, this was our only planned afternoon in the park. It was also the hottest day we were there. Go figure!
So far, very impressed with Disney.






2 comments:
Sounds like you had such an amazing time! I would love to take the kids - I just think it would be far too hectic with mine right now. I need to wait till they are a year or two older! I also LOVE the fact that you all have sneakers on. I have no idea how people manage parks like this with flip flops or heals...
Good job on day one there mom. I don't know how you did it in this heat! Whew!!
Post a Comment