I wanted to give you a little glimpse into my life. Specifically, my drive home from work today. What follows is out of the mouth of Garrett.
"Mom, when I grow up I want to have two pets."
murmur of assent from me
"I want to have a snake-a good snake. And, um, a chipmunk. Yeah, a chipmunk."
At this point, Harper said something unintelligible to me, but Garrett apparently understood, because he said:
"No, Harper. These are the pets I'm going to have with Ellison"
aside: Garrett has decided that he is going to marry Ellison, while Harper will marry Ellison's younger brother, Jude. As a parent, I can't tell you what a relief it is that that decision is already made! But back to the riveting discussion...
"After two people get all married, then everybody dances."
I love that kid. Sometimes I wish that he wasn't so "out loud" with his stream of consciousness, but he can be very entertaining.
Quick update: I went to the Minute Clinic yesterday to receive the lovely news that, in addition to everything else, I have bronchitis. I'm now on antibiotics (again). I also had my whole body scan this morning. That was fine-I got to lay on a very narrow table for 30 minutes. I will see the endocrinologist next Thursday to get the results.
Current events: My folks ordered new bedroom furniture for Gman for his upcoming 5th birthday. It is being delivered tomorrow. And we are holding the first ever (and hopefully, last) Russell family yard sale Saturday. If you live in the area, and feel a burning desire for the stuff we no longer want (lots of baby things!), please stop by sometime between 8 and 12.
No comments:
Post a Comment