So I was informed by a friend not to blog tonight as my last post was too sad. However, I am bored, so I'm going to share some light things with you tonight.
1. Garrett and Jason practiced soccer tonight in the yard after dinner. Harper also "practiced" although her version of practicing included walking around the yard with her dress up over her head and just randomly picking up the soccer ball and running with it. She was very proud though.
It was so nice to sit and watch my family (from my chair in the driveway, of course-not up to running around just yet!) play tonight. The weather is nice and cool (feels like football!!) and in light of what my weeks have held the last couple of weeks, I'm definitely enjoying the simple pleasures in life these days.
2. I really love writing this blog. I'm 99% certain I would continue even if I knew no one read it. It's very cathartic for me, helps me process stuff, and indulges my fantasy that I am a writer. I have noticed that there is something wrong with the comments on this new blog and that you're not able to comment. I tried something else tonight to hopefully fix this, but know that I'm working on it. I miss hearing from you guys!
3. Speaking of my writer's fantasy, I have written the VERY rough first draft of an essay that I'm going to enter in Real Simple's essay contest. I feel that there is very little chance that mine will even get read, but it makes me feel a little cool to enter something like that. The winners will be announced in January, so i'll post it on here after that (can't post it until after that point because it becomes Real Simple's property once I submit it). It's due Sept 7, so I've got to get editing!
4. I watched A & E's Pride and Prejudice while recovering. Oh, how I love that story. It just never gets old.
5. I emailed about a play kitchen for Harper for Christmas tonight on craigslist. Because gifts is my love language, I am ALL ABOUT Christmas. I usually start shopping in August, so I'm actually a tad late this year. I want to get her one of the obnoxiously large kitchens and all the thousands of little pieces that come with it for Christmas because I'm apparently sick in the head. But she and Garrett will both play with it, I am sure. And then I can cull out some of the other toys and just leave that one upstairs. But no way am I going to pay retail, so I started looking early.
6. The Russells are going on their first family camping trip in October. We need a bigger tent. Does anyone have a 6 man or larger we can borrow? I'm not really wanting to fork over a bunch of money for something that may never be repeated! :)
That's all for tonight! I'm about to get some yummy dessert supplied by sweet friends from small group and watch the second episode of season 1 of 24. We're starting to see what all the hype is about!
2 comments:
I fixed it! Please leave some comments now!
if you love pride and prejudice, you'll love "pride and prejudice and zombies". it's billed as "The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!"
i glanced through it at an urban outfitters in san francisco, and it's basically the original, but w/ the added complication that everyone is a zombie. quite hilarious. might be some good recovery reading material.
Post a Comment