Boy, I wish I was talking about a date with my husband. Alas, I mean a date for the radioactive iodine treatment.
I will go in on Monday, October 5 for the first shot, Tuesday for the second, Wednesday I will receive the iodine tablet. I will then need to "stay in one place" and be away from people until Sunday. On Sunday, my children can come home, but I will need to be vigilant that they don't drink after me for another week. I will also not be able to be around infants or pregnant women for 10 total days.
He said that I would only need to be out of work for those first 4 days, but then I'd be good, but there are pregnant women everywhere at my work, so I'll need to clarify that.
As an awesome cap to this day, Harper spent her "naptime" smearing a FULL tub of Vaseline all over her room. She was quiet in there and I assumed that she was asleep. Nope. She then proceeded to come downstairs and collapse on the couch for an hour and a half. Being bad is apparently exhausting.
Any ideas how to get Vaseline out of carpet and off walls?
On a positive note, my voice has fully recovered because I was able to yell at the TOP of my lungs at her. Today was not a Hallmark mother day. Honestly, today was not a Hallmark anything day. I am majorly bummed about this whole thing. I get that this is my new reality and soon I will accept this and proceed with grace. However, as is my nature, I have to mourn the loss of my plan before I can adapt to the new plan. I don't know how much longer until I adapt to the new plan. Until then, I'm just going to be bummed.
No comments:
Post a Comment