So because I'm classified as a "Deep Thinker" on the Right Path personality test and because I'm going under the knife tomorrow, I have been processing some stuff yesterday and today. Here is what I've come up with...
God is truly amazing. In trying to really analyze how I feel about tomorrow, I've realized how a lot of seemingly unrelated circumstances have led me to this point. And how all those circumstances are helping me remain calm (for the most part) about the surgery.
I have had 2 C-sections. I know what it is like to recover from major surgery (and care for a newborn all at the same time!). Therefore, actually having surgery is not absolutely terrifying to me-only because I have been there, done that, and most importantly, survived that.
I had a laparascopy (sp?) in 2003, so I have been under anesthesia before. It was a little weird for time to have passed and me to feel like I had just gone under, but other than that, not the worst thing that's ever happened to me.
The nodule on my thyroid is still quite small (less than 2 cm) and I have not had any negative effects from the growth-no trouble swallowing or breathing. Had that happened, I would not have been able to wait until now to have the surgery and it probably would have had to be somewhat rushed. I have had plenty of time to prepare and get all my ducks in a row, which has been nice.
And, lastly, to me the coolest circumstance is how we even found out about the nodule. I had a lump in my salivary gland. I've had lots of lumps in my salivary gland on the right side of my face in my life. But this lump was on the left, which had my antennae up from the get go. And, my doctor was willing to be aggressive about the lump instead of taking a wait and see approach. Thus, the discovery of the nodule from the CT scan. I would have lived for quite some time with my hypothyroid symptoms not knowing what they really were. Now, after I get all this surgery stuff behind me, I'm going to feel so much better. I'm actually really looking forward to that.
Well, surgery is scheduled for 8:15 in the morning. Prayers are appreciated! I will have Jason post an update when I'm done.
2 comments:
Thanks for your thoughts on my blog. I am praying for you tonight and tomorrow regarding your surgery. It's going to go great and you'll be back to yourself before you know it:)
Love ya!
Praying for you today my friend. You're strong, and will recover quickly from your surgery. Just remember to let yourself rest so that you can fully recover. This is coming from someone who has had plenty of surgeries and has trouble with the resting part. My trick is that I stay in my pajamas the entire time I think I should be resting. Reminds me to slow down.
Post a Comment