Sunday, June 28, 2009

Playing Catch Up

So, I've had a whirlwind of a week. But it's been so much fun. Our children spent the week in Augusta. The WHOLE week. It was my first time being away from Harper for more than 2 nights and the longest I've been apart from Garrett is 4 nights, so I was a little worried. But they did fantastic, had a great time with Jason's folks. I had a hard time leaving them in Augusta last Sunday, but I didn't cry, so I guess I did ok!
I went to Texas Monday through Wednesday to celebrate my dad's retirement from JCPenney. He has been there his entire career-38 years! July 6 is his last day, but his party was on Monday and I surprised him. It was so much fun. And it was fabulous to hang out with my parents for a couple days.
Friday, Jason and I left for Athens to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We stayed at a bed and breakfast and basically just chilled all weekend. It was lovely. And I finally got a "G" sticker for the back of the Odyssey. Hard to believe it's been 10 years. I think I'll post a wedding picture later this week so you can see how young we were!
A couple quick updates (and a couple pics) and then I've got to go to bed-busy week ahead!
1. My surgery is scheduled for August 3. My mom is going to come play nurse and Susan has agreed to take the kids for the first couple days of my recovery.
2. If you have to choose, definitely see Star Trek before you see Transformers 2. Both were good, but Star Trek was REALLY good. But before Transformers, you get to see the preview for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Oh my word, I can hardly stand the wait!
And now, a few pictures from the last week...my flickr site is updated

Harper got a new do right before she went to Augusta. It looks so cute and is much easier to maintain. Me and my Mom and Dad, and my "brother" Andy.

1 comment:

Rachael Walkup said...

I've got 8/3 on my calendar to be praying for you!